Make the Shift to a Modern PC with Microsoft and Intel
Now Is the Time to Shift
Microsoft Windows 7 PCs will no longer receive Windows security updates after January 14, 2020, so now is the time to upgrade to a modern PC with an Intel® vPro™ processor. Desktops, laptops, and tablets with Windows 10 and Office 3651 keep up to date. This gives your business the most productive and secure Windows experience ever, with the lowest total cost of ownership.
Check out our lineup of Windows 10 Pro devices.
Check out our lineup of Windows 10 Pro devices.
The most productive Windows PC ever.2 Empower employees to collaborate in real time and leverage the intelligence of the cloud.
The most secure Windows PC ever.3 Ensure your users are protected with security capabilities that respond to the latest threats.4
Low total cost of ownership.5 Simplify the process of keeping devices up to date while saving time, reducing costs, and gaining control.
Get More DoneA new PC with Windows 10 and an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor gives your users battery life for a full workday6,7 with up to 2.1x faster multitasking,6,8,9 and up to 80% better performance.6,7,9 It can analyze data up to 40% faster6,9,10 than Windows 10 running on a four-year-old system.
Stay Safe and SecureHelp secure your business against modern security threats with built-in, always up-to-date11 safeguards for your information and devices. With Windows 10, it's estimated that security events requiring IT remediation are reduced or avoided by 33%.3 And new Intel Runtime BIOS Resilience helps minimize exposure to malicious BIOS attacks.
Save MoneyIT administrators estimate up to 20% reduction in IT management time11 with Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 is compatible with 99% of Windows 7 apps1 and most peripherals, both wired and wireless, saving your workers time and money. New Intel Core vPro processor-based devices provide a future-forward foundation ready to efficiently support the regular cadence of Windows 10 updates.
Work the Way You Want from Virtually AnywhereWith Office 365 Business Premium,1 you get email hosting plus desktop, mobile, and Web versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook—as well as other tools to help run and grow your business. Apps are always updated, so they're never outdated.
Answers to Your Questions
Why should I upgrade to a new device?Modern devices save time and money with improved security (33% reduction in security incidents),3 faster performance (80% better performance),1,6,7 a speedy experience (2.1x faster multitasking),6,8,9 and battery life for a full workday.6,7
Can I upgrade my existing PC to Windows 10?Yes, you can upgrade compatible Windows 7 PCs based on these requirements with a full license. To take advantage of the latest hardware capabilities, we recommend moving to a new PC with Windows 10.
What happens if I continue to use Windows 7 and Office 2010?You can continue to use Windows 7 and Office 2010, but once support ends, your PC will become more vulnerable to security risks.
Can Windows 7 and Office 2010 still be activated after January 14, 2020?Windows 7 and Office 2010 can still be installed and activated after support has ended. However, to avoid security risks and viruses, Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10 and Office 365.
Will Internet Explorer still be supported on Windows 7?Support for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 devices will be discontinued on January 14, 2020. As a component of Windows operating system, Internet Explorer follows the same support lifecycle.
Will Office 2010 continue to work with Office 365?Connections to Office 365 services, such as Exchange Online, will not be supported after October 1, 2020. You should upgrade to an Office 365 plan that has the Office desktop apps to prevent any loss of productivity.
How should I prepare for Office 2010 end of support?This moment provides an excellent opportunity for you to evaluate your technology strategy and discover the benefits modern Microsoft solutions have to offer. Contact a Connection Account Manager at 1.800.800.0014 to learn more.
Move to Modern
Deana Grammo, Regional Sales Director at Microsoft, discusses how digital transformation is driving companies to adopt a more modern workplace. Together with Intel®, Microsoft helps you unlock more productivity and stay secure on powerful, modern devices that let you work the way you want.
Make the Shift to a Modern Device
Ready to Make the Shift?Let’s connect! If you’re ready to leave your outdated devices behind, we’re ready to help. Fill out the form below to start your migration today.
1. Subscription sold separately.
2. New PCs enable up to 65% faster multi-tasking compared to 5-year-old PCs. As measured by SEG562, which is an office productivity and multitasking workload using Microsoft Word* (save to PDF), Excel* (recalc), PowerPoint* (slide sort), and NXPowerLite Desktop* (to shrink contents with office documents, kind of like compression), all while playing video in the background (simulating the watching of a business training or webcast)
3. With Windows 10, security events requiring IT remediation are reduced by up to 33% The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft Windows 10, Forrester, 2016
4. For the supported lifetime of devices.
5. PCs older than 4 years are 2.7x the cost of a newer PC, resulting in 112 hours of lost productivity—a cost of both time and money, SMB PC Study, TechAisle, 2018
6. Performance results are based on testing performed between January 31, 2018 and February 9, 2018 and may not reflect all publicly available security updates. See configuration disclosure for details. No product can be absolutely secure. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.
7. EEMBC Browsing Bench Component Average Power (projected on Intel Reference Platform using a 42WHr battery and 25x14 Panel): Disconnect all USB devices, connect to a local WiFi access point and set the screen brightness to 200 nits (disable DPST, set brightness to 200 nits on a white background and enable DPST). Wait for 10 mins for the OS to completely idle and then launch EEMBC Browsing Bench using Microsoft® Edge Browser. Set the Web pages to idle for 20s in between page loads. Measure power for the duration of all page loads and report 3 run median. Intel tests resulted in an average of 9.5 hours of battery life.
8. Slack is open in the background while a 2.28 MB, Microsoft PowerPoint.ppt presentation is exported as a 1920x1080 H.264 .mp4 video presentation. While the video presentation is being created 1) a 6.49 MB, 844 page, Microsoft Word .docx document is converted to a 7.98 MB, PDF file and 2) a 70.4 MB, Microsoft Excel .xlsm macro-enabled worksheet that is recalculated.
9. REFRESH CONFIGURATIONS
NEW: Intel® Core™ i7-8650U (Intel Reference Platform), 15W, 4C8T, Turbo up to 4.2GHz, Memory: 2x4GB DDR4-2400, Storage: Intel® SSD Pro 6000p, Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, BIOS version 117.07 with MCU 0x84, OS: Windows* 10 (version 10.0.16299.192) 4-YEAR-OLD: Intel® Core™ i7-4600U (Intel Reference Platform), 15W, 2C4T, Turbo up to 3.3GHz, Memory: 2x4GB DDR3-1600, Storage: Intel 540s SSD, Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400, BIOS version139 with MCU 0x23, OS: Windows* 10 (version 10.0.16299.192)
10. Measures the time to load, query, calculate statistics, and draw 6 charts from a different local data source containing 2.2 million sales records
11. On PC only. Learn more (including compatible mobile devices) at office.com/information Visit office.com/systemrequirements for features and requirements.
12. App availability varies by device/language.
13. For additional information on OneNote subscription features, visit Microsoft’s FAQ.
Batch Add Products by Item #